A few weeks ago, I bought a ton of s’more supplies for my s’more ice cream because I thought I was making ice cream for my whole neighborhood. Just kidding, although I did buy a ton of marshmallows.
Since I’m moving this month, I’ve been slowly eating my way through my pantry. It makes sense to eat everything in my apartment rather than have to bother moving it five blocks down the street, right?
Inspired by some s’more krispie treats from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures I found on Pinterest, I decided to try my hand at a new take on s’more while using up my leftover marshmallows and chocolate.
Packed with s’more flavor, these ‘truffles’ are dipped in chocolate because everything should be dipped in chocolate. Easy to transport and adorable in little mini muffins wrappers, this recipe makes a great snack or hostess gift!
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 Cups marshmallows
- 2 Cups golden graham cereal
- 2 – 1.55oz Hershey’s milk chocolate bars chopped
- 8 oz of semi-sweet chocolate
- Butter an 8×8 pan and set aside
- Melt butter and 2 cups of marshmallows in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Remove from heat and mix in cereal, Hershey’s pieces and remaining marshmallow cup (chopped)
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and put in fridge until cool (2-3 hours)
- Remove from fridge, roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper-covered tray
- Place tray back in fridge until ready to be dipped in chocolate
- Using a double boiler (or similar alternative), melt semi-sweet chocolate
- Remove tray from fridge
- Dip each ball in chocolate and place back on tray
- Place balls in fridge until ready to serve