Three words: s’mores cheese ball. How amazing does that sound??
Do you listen to podcasts? I got turned on to food podcasts by a friend recently and have loved filling my commute with personalities from the food industry who gab about everything from cake decorating to navigating labels at the grocery story. I’ve only sample a couple but I’ve had such a great experience I’m thinking that a blog post about my top picks for food podcasts might be a must in the near future. Stay tuned.
In addition to catching up on food-related podcasts, I was battling a cold this week so I didn’t spend much time in the kitchen. Luckily for me I’ve been sitting on this recipe since I made it for the Super Bowl, also known as that time every couple years when Beyonce upstages an athletic event of some kind.
I’m not always a fan of sweet cheese balls but the cream cheese in this one keeps the sweetness (relatively) under control. You could also serve it with a saltier alternative to graham crackers for a definitely less sweet bite.
Here’s to hoping all that tangerine shortbread I ate earlier this week helped me kick this bug for good so I can get back in the kitchen to make more lovely things to tell you all about. Otherwise I guess I’ll just continue to catch up on podcasts. For the sake of my out of town guests this weekend I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s the former.
- 12 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ Cup mini marshmallows, divided
- ½ Cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 ¼ Cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- ½ Cup graham cracker crumbs
Recipe (Adapted from a recipe by Chef In Training)
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined
- Mix in 1 cup mini marshmallows, marshmallow fluff and 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Form dough into a large ball and cover in plastic wrap, place in freezer for 15-30 minutes until firm
- While ball is in freezer, combine remaining marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs in a wide bowl to form the coating
- Roll firm ball ball in coating until covered
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve and enjoy with graham crackers