The pumpkin craze is already ramping up (is it really PSL season already?) but I’ve got a different flavor on the mind: peanut butter! This peanut butter chocolate fudge is the perfect sweet treat for any time of year.
C and I both love peanut butter so it isn’t unusual to find multiple jars of it stacked in our pantry. Heaven forbid we run out and start to crave it again before finding time to run to the grocery store two blocks away.
Perhaps peanut butter was on my mind as a result of seeing it front and center every time I open the cupboard. Or maybe having a dinner guest last Friday tell me they were allergic to it made me want it even more. Tough to tell. All I know is that by Saturday morning, I was itching for something full of peanut butter. Enter my peanut butter chocolate fudge.
The swirls of peanut butter in this fudge are wonderful because no two bites are quite the same but what I love most about it is the salty peanuts on top. It is no secret that I love layers of texture in my food so adding the top layer was a no brainer for me.
- 14 Ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 Ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 Ounces peanut butter (~¼ cup)
- 16 unwrapped mini Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler
- Once melted, pour into prepared pan
- Mix in peanut butter, creating swirls in the chocolate base
- Cover with the unwrapped candies
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight