I love baking as much (if not more) than the next person but there are some days that I don’t want to battle with my oven. On those days, these no-bake cookies and cream cheesecake bars are my go-to!
I got back yesterday after a weekend at Boyne Mountain in Northern Michigan and after driving through snow for hours and running on very little sleep, these cookies and cream cheesecake bars were exactly what I wanted to find in my fridge. I wasn’t quite ready to commit to the real world again (i.e. grocery shop, meal plan, laundry) so these bars made for a nice alternative. Healthy eating start tomorrow. *Hint Hint* Check back tomorrow for a look at what I eat when I like to be healthy.
The nice thing about these bars is that they can be made with things that you probably have lying around! I’ve told y’all before about how much I love Oreos but it’s unlikely to find my kitchen without them. Unless Colin has eaten them all and left one in the package for me to discover at a later date. Anyone live with someone who does that?
Here’s what you need to know about these no-bake cookies and cream cheesecake bars. The crunchy base with the creamy cream cheese topping is everything I love about cookies and cream to begin with. It’s like a triple stuffed Oreo without the top cookie. Although, if you really wanted that top cookie you could just layer one bar on top of another one. If you think you can handle that.
Still not convinced you need to make these ASAP? Consider the fact that these no bake bars are so easy you can make them during commercials while watching the olympics. That being said I’m actually loving the commercials since all of the brands have been so on-point with using Olympic athletes to showcase their products. Because yes, everything in my life over the next 10 days will revolve around the Olympics.
- 5 cup Oreos, divided
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Start with the crust. Place 3 cups of Oreos in a food processor. Pulse to become crumbs. Add in the butter and pulse to combine. Transfer to the lined baking pan and use clean hands to press the crust into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, cream together the cream cheese, the melted white chocolate and the powdered sugar. Roughly chop the remaining Oreos and mix in. Place topping on top of crust.
- Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in the microwave and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Drizzle on bars before refrigerating for an hour to set.