New week, new goals. Right?
I won my family’s weekly Fitbit step competition a few weeks ago and I was feeling really good. Then it rained, Rocky was sick and I found myself taking far less steps. I’m not as competitive as the rest of my family so I’ve only won the step contest once in the past year. Yes, you read that right, ONCE. Just as things were looking up, I went back to my lowly 12K steps per day. Did I mention my family are a bunch of serious steppers?
In an effort to get back into my step-routine, I made sure to make the most of my trip to New York this weekend and take as many steps as possible. I braved the rain and ran around to a number of sweet spots that have been on my to-do list. Best. Saturday. Ever. Keep an eye on my Instagram, the photos from the weekend will be rolling out over the next few weeks.
Shoutout to my friend Morgan who braved the weather with me and gladly helped me taste test as many donuts, cookies and mimosa flavors as possible. Also for letting me play with her dog.
After a busy travel weekend, I did far more internet browsing yesterday than recipe testing so I’m sharing a few of the links that have been catching my eye! Don’t worry, back to recipes on Wednesday.
In my Browser History
- The brunch question you’ve probably never asked yourself about sticky buns and cinnamon rolls
- The champagne party trick for those comfortable wielding sabers
- I’m loving Monica’s Trader Joe’s shopping roundups – so much grocery shopping inspo for future trips!
- How many of these recipes do you know? Food network thinks these are musts for those of us trying to adult.
- Audrey put out a banana bread recipe that has ORANGE JUICE in it! I’m obsessed and you will be too.
- I wish I had read Goop’s healthy guide to New York before my trip rather than right after. Now I know for next time!
On Sweet Sundays
- Red wine eggless chocolate mousse – or is it chocolate mousse?
- I took a reality check with Purina and re-examined what I’m feeding Rocky.
- Feeling zesty? This winter citrus salad is a must!
- No bake cookies and cream bars. Because as much as I love baking, sometimes it’s nice to have that no-bake option!
- Needlepoint friends – do you use stretch bars? I’m a big fan of them – most of the time!