I’m constantly talking about how much I love low-key weekends, but once in awhile, I like to really maximize my time. This past weekend for example, I got no baking done because Colin and I took a spontaneous day trip to New York city! I got brunch with my little brother at my favorite spot in NYC, Maman Cafe, and dragged our group to a new cereal milk spot!
Cereal milk ice cream is good, but Milk & Cream Cereal Bar in New York has taken it to a whole new level. You pick a base, vanilla or cookie dough, and then you choose one cereal to mix into it. Once it’s blended, the ice cream is piped out into a cone, topped with another topping and drizzled with something extra. It’s as decadent as it seems.
It’s a running joke in my family that I’m a super klutzy eater and this was no exception. I took so long photographing my cone before digging in that it started to get really soft. Then I took a big bite and sent a giant chunk onto my lap. Whoops. Thank goodness I was wearing a dark print so it wasn’t too noticeable.
Saturday’s day trip was followed by blog errands, brunch and a house warming on Sunday. No time for laboring over an oven. We’ve made some big progress on the wedding planning front (our invitations went out last week!) so it was nice to pause wedding planning to reconnect with people and be out and about.
I had plenty of time on Saturday’s train ride to catch up on Twitter. Here’s what I’ve been reading!
- Guys, I think I may be a grown up.
- 18 One-pot summer dinners for when you don’t want to cook. So like, all the time.
- Looking for rug inspiration for my new apartment, starting with this older post from Jessica.
- Time to put my ice cream machine to work. You in?
- Sarah’s hibiscus donut recipe has me craving all of the floral flavors. Yum!
- Ice cream made from leftover popcorn and stale baguettes. Seriously.
- Waiting in long lines is a DC status symbol. Hm, not sure how I feel about this.
- Wondering which breakfast food you are? Of course you are.
Recently on Sweet Sundays:
- Peanut Butter Lover Popsicles
- Playing with Words with my Friends: Mini Cinnamon Banoffee Pies
- My New Favorite Snack: Lavender Caramel Popcorn
- Memories of Argentina: Dulce de Leche Buttercream