I blinked and it was May. When did that happen?
Adoptable Frantz is all about enjoying spring weather
The countdown has officially begun for our move from DC so I’m starting to check things off my bucket list. That includes a string of my favorite restaurants and D.C. staples as well as finding as much time as possible to give back to my favorite cause: City Dogs Rescue.
Adoptable Matilda is surprised by how much she loves snuggling
If you read the blog regularly you’ve seen a string of cats make appearances over the last few months. My permanent cat Onyx loves sneaking into pictures while the rotating string of foster cats we’ve had tend to be much too shy for that sort of nonsense. Thank goodness because I don’t think I’d be able to hold my camera AND try to restrain two cats from licking up all the heavy cream. I love a good challenge but that might be too much, even for me. Luckily even the shy ones will pose for the camera so I still get to document their stay!
My little foster adoptable Fancy (aka Dizzy) is small but mighty
What you might not know is that in addition to fostering for City Dogs Rescue, I’ve been volunteering for them since 2012. The jobs have varied over the years from running their Twitter account to being an adoption counselor to photographing the animals. Not surprisingly, my latest position is my favorite. It also allows me for lots of face time with the animals. Coincidence? I think not.
Adoptable Rico is all ears
If you follow my Instagram story, you might have noticed a flood or animal pics this weekend. That’s because I spent Saturday afternoon photographing a new batch of kittens who arrived from West Virginia and Sunday afternoon photographing a dog adoption event!
Adoptable Rascal is wondering where is name came from because he’s just a giant love bug
My fur-filled weekend was a nice reward after a long and productive week. We launched a new website at work and Colin and I booked our honeymoon. I’ll let you guess which one I’m more excited about. We’ll be heading to the West coast this summer so if you’ve got any recommendations for Southern California, send them my way!
Adoptable Posy won me over within seconds of meeting her on Sunday
In my browser history:
- Photography props are so pricey. Thankfully Sarah from Broma Bakery has some great suggestions for food photography props on a budget!
- Ashlee’s got my mother’s day shopping on lock.
- Food trends for 2017 because it’s never too late to start being trendy #friedchickenforever
- There’s more to summer wine than rose – meet gamay!
- Emma Watson is crushing gender barriers and being all around awesome. Per usual.
- Everything you need to watch on Netflix this month
- Cute baby announcements get me every time.
- Cooking like an adult 101
New on Sweet Sundays:
- That Time I Had Too Many Limes and Was Craving Ice Cream: Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- My 3 Favorite Needlepoint Background Stitches
- Earl Grey Lavender Cookie Bars
- 5 Chocolate Truffles to Make This Week
Adoptable Mr. Dinkles is working on taking over the world. Also, finding a forever home.
Did the cute dog and cat pics in this post make you go: aww, I want one? Head to the City Dogs Rescue website and sign up to foster (or adopt)! Shelters get packed in the summer so they need all hands on deck to save animals from kill shelters and put them in homes around the DC area. Don’t live around the District? Find your local shelter and foster in your own city!