Well, it’s official: we made it to 2018. I think we all deserve a pat on the back.
Last week I said goodbye to 2017 but today I’m looking ahead to all of the wonderful adventures that await me. I went on a flight booking-spree this past weekend so get excited to see me eating out and about in my Insta stories as I hit the road this spring. And by hit the road I mean fly because the 12 hour drive home for the holidays I took in December was wayy too long. On another note, I can’t wait for my drive back in just a few days!
Some of my adventures in 2018 will be closer to home however. For the second year in a row, my needlepoint content received the most pageviews on my site so I’ll be doing more of that moving forward. Who knew that so many of you were interested in my 3 favorite needlepoint background stitches!
Also at the top of the list of 2017 posts was my list of 6 must-try sweet spots in DC. While not all of the spots are still open today (RIP On Rye), I still stand by this list. I’m also going to use this as an excuse to go and eat out more often. I’m doing it for you, my loyal readers. You’re welcome.
If you’ve made it this far and are worried that I won’t be putting out recipes anymore, put that worry away. My love of baking and passion for photography were the reason I started this blog so I won’t ever stop doing that. Plus, y’all loved my maple pecan shortbread bars so of course I’ll keep posting lots of food. And drinks. Obviously.
I’m enjoying some time off between jobs this week so I’ve been loading up on tons of inspirational content. Here are just a few of the pages that have been in my browsers of late!
- Prince Harry interviewing Barack Obama is exactly what I needed to hear.
- Baby it’s cold outside (no, seriously, it’s really really cold) so warm up with one of these 29 hot beverages perfect for winter.
- Occasionally I eat savory foods (shocking, I know) so this risotto from Lauren has me drooling over my keyboard.
- All of these.
- If you’re in DC and looking for something to do, check out the Newseum! Colin and I had our first date there and they’ve got a great new exhibit that Katie is raving about.
- The most common mistake people make when cooking pork chops – you’ll never guess what they are! (#clickbait)
- I’ve got two trips to Richmond planned for the spring so Cathy’s Virginia wine country guide is being bookmarked.
- This is a stay-cation week so I’m loving Kathleen’s tips to treat myself at home.
- To everyone doing Cook90 this month I say: Bravo. (insert hat tip)
- Y’all know how much I love crafting (and trays!) so I’m all about this.