No churn milk and cookies ice cream is the perfect cure to any sweet cravings I have. I was going to specify that it’s great during the summer but the truth is, it’s great all year long.
The inspiration for this ice cream came from the Ben & Jerry’s Milk and Cookies flavor. It is hands down one of my favorite flavors of ice cream so once I discovered that I could make a similar version at home, I was so excited! And then I knew I had to share it with the rest of you!
What is No Churn Ice Cream?
No churn ice cream is great because you don’t need an ice cream machine. I love my ice cream machine but I know that not everyone has the space in their kitchen for yet ANOTHER kitchen appliance. Wouldn’t it be nice if we all had unlimited kitchen space? A girl can dream.
No churn ice cream is super easy to make with no special equipment which is what makes it so accessible. It’s just as creamy as regular ice cream but without all the work. Sounds like a win-win to me.
How is This Different From Cookies and Cream Ice Cream?
Great question! My no churn cookies and cream ice cream (another great pick for summer) uses Oreos as the cookie component. This ice cream uses chocolate chip cookies instead which makes for a different flavor!
What Cookies Should I Use?
Picking what cookies to put in your milk and cookies ice cream is critical. You’ll want to go with a slightly more gooey cookie because a hard cookie will be tough to chew once frozen. The ice cream is so creamy that having chewy cookie pieces adds texture but also manages to let the ice cream as a whole feel cohesive.
I used a cookie recipe from I Heart Eating and made the cookies GIANT by using an ice cream scoop instead of a cookie scoop. I cooked them a little longer than the recipe called for but they still ended up nice and soft in the middle. Perfect for snacking as well as crumbling into my ice cream batter!
Want to try more no churn ice cream flavors? Here are some of my favorites!
- No Churn Graham Cracker Ice Cream
- No Churn Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- No Churn Chocolate Pretzel Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of roughly crushed up chocolate chip cookies
- Add heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip on low to incorporate the sugar into the cream. Slowly increase the speed to medium-high until the whipped cream forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk. You want them to be properly mixed while still preserving as much of that full body whipped cream as possible. Once these are combined, add in the chocolate chip cookie pieces.
- Transfer to a container and freeze for 1-2 hours or until ready to enjoy.