Ooey, gooey and full of chocolate flavor. There really isn’t any other way for me to describe these decadent gooey brownie cookies stuffed with white chocolate chips.
I’ve been so bad about updating the blog with tasty recipes but I know y’all will understand when you see that I launched my photography business! I always make time for things I’m passionate about, or at least I try to, so realizing that I had to prioritize baking or taking on more photography clients was tough to swallow. That being said, even though I’ll be baking less, I’ll never totally step out of the kitchen.
Alright, enough about my life outside the blog and more about these chocolate cookies that you will not be able to stop eating. Seriously.
As the holidays approach, you might get sucked into an endless loop of holiday-themed baking. I get it. I do the same thing. It’s important to diversify every now and then so make time for these brownie cookies and you won’t regret it.
Three Types of Chocolate
It might seem excessive to use three types of chocolate for one single type of cookie but trust me, they are each a critical part of the recipe. The coca powder adds a rich bitter chocolate flavor while the white chocolate chips adds a sweetness to balance it out. The semisweet chocolate chips are more of a texture add, they melt and increase to the cookie’s gooey factor. And everyone loves that. Right?
How Do You Like Your Cookies?
I like my cookies soft. Extra soft. Barely cooked soft. That’s why brownie cookies are the best of both brownies and cookies. The exterior structure of cookies that makes it easy to pick them up but the inside is all sort of soft and chocolate-y, just like a brownie!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup (208g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (62g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until lighter. Mix in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet, in two batches. Once combined, mix in the white and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls onto the prepared sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Pin Gooey Brownie Cookies for Later: