I’ve been trying to watch all of the Star Wars movies before going to see the new one tomorrow so fudge cookies were the perfect late night snack this week. I may still be confused about much of the Star Wars plot but I know sweets and can say with certainty that these cookies are amazing.
Now that I’ve reached the halfway point on this cookie challenge, I’ve started taking recommendations from my friends and coworkers. Since they are helping me eat my way through seemingly endless amounts of cookies, I figured I should hear about what they want. The biggest feedback I’ve gotten? More chocolate!
Well this is about as chocolatey as it gets. These cookies are part cookie and part gooey brownie, perhaps the best combination ever. With a crunchy outside and a moist chocolate inside, these fudge cookies are my new favorite chocolate cookie.
Ingredients (Recipe from I Heart Eating)
- 3 Cups (375g) powdered sugar
- ¾ Cups (80g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 4 Large egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt
- Whisk in the egg whites and vanilla until just moist
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Scoop tablespoon-sized dough onto baking sheet, leaving at least 2 ½ inches of space between cookies as they will spread while baking
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops are cracked
- Let cool on baking sheet