This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackTimeDelight #CollectiveBias
Snack time doesn’t have to be boring! It’s time to put your coffee creamer to work beyond your morning brew in a treat that will last you all day long. I’m gonna show you how to use International Delight® OREO® Flavored Coffee Creamer to make chocolate truffles!
Alright y’all, it’s back to school season! Let’s be real, I don’t have kids that I need to usher back to school every fall but this is the final year of my husband’s MBA program so I’m embracing all of the back-to-school vibes.
I’m not one for packing my husband’s lunch but I love having tasty snacks for us to share when he gets home after a day of classes. And yes, my idea of the perfect snack involves a lot of chocolate.
One of my favorite ways to make coffee creamer do more is to use it in recipe development! I’ve used International Delight® to make ice cream in the past but today’s recipe is all about the chocolate. I swung by Walmart to pick up this new flavor and got busy creating these creamy chocolate truffles packed with OREO® flavors. How does your coffee creamer stack up?
These truffles are decadent while still being SO EASY. Seriously, so easy. That’s probably one of the reasons I love giving these as gifts or whipping these up for everything from after-school snacks to wine night with my friends.
Another of my personal OREO® favorites? YoCrunch® Lowfat Yogurt Cookies ‘n Cream with OREO® Cookie Pieces. As a kid, yogurt with mix-ins was one of my favorite snacks. As an adult, I started babysitting and realized that kids were still loving the same snack! I like to keep these yogurts in my fridge just in case I get a craving for this ready to-go snack. Which happens a lot more than you might think.
Tips for Success
- I suggest using the double boiler method to combine the chocolate and the International Delight® OREO® Flavored Coffee. You can also use the microwave! Simply warm the coffee creamer in 30 second increments until it starts to simmer and then pour over the chocolate. Let it sit for five minutes before stirring to combine. You might need to pop it back in the microwave for one more 30 second go if after stirring for a few minutes you aren’t getting rid of those last few solid chocolate bits.
- Speaking of chocolate bits, the key to these truffles is the perfect smooth center. That means that even though you might be jumping to pull the chocolate off the double boiler, make sure that all of the little bits of solid chocolate are gone. There’s nothing worse than biting into what you think will be a creamy truffle only to be hit with random solid pieces.
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup International Delight® OREO® Creamer
- 7 OREO® cookies
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate and the coffee creamer to a double boiler. Heat over medium low until fully combined. Use a spatula to mix until fully combined. Once melted, let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a tupperware and refrigerating until firm (about 3 hours).
- When ready to assemble the truffles, scoop out balls of chocolate one tablespoon in size. Return to fridge until ready to roll. Add the OREOs to the food processor and pulse until crushed. Pull the balls out of the fridge and roll in OREO topping.