Forget s’mores. All you need in your life is a big batch of s’mores brownies.
S’mores are one of my favorite campfire treats but the truth is, I only get a few each year. The rest of the time, I make do with my favorite graham cracker, chocolate and ‘mallow flavors in alternate ways. I’m looking at you cereal milk s’mores milkshake and caramel s’mores bark!
Food trends come and go. While s’mores have been in the spotlight these past few years (I mean, how could they not?!), I really do love them. There’s something about those familiar flavors that just warm my heart, as well as hit so many of my regular food cravings all at once.
Here’s a real question. I’ve been reading a lot online about people wanting food bloggers to write less about their personal lives share less stories from their lives and just focus on the food. I love telling y’all about the weird memories that the food bring up and about all the non food-related things in my life but if you would rather just hear about the moist texture of the brownies, the toasty crunch of the graham cracker topping and the smokey toasted marshmallows. Drop me a note or message to let me know which you’d rather hear more about!
So, if you want to skip straight to the recipe, no hard feelings. Scroll on down, these decadent s’mores brownies are calling your name.
For those of you who have been following my Instastories, you’ve likely noticed that I’ve been puzzling. A lot. One of the reasons I puzzle so slowly is that I’m also watching tv and stuffing my face. Multitasking is such a great idea in theory but in reality, it slows everything down. Let’s hope that I can focus long enough to finish this week’s puzzle.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) flour, divided
- 1/3 cup (42g) cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cups small graham cracker pieces (almost crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons of butter, cold
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 XL Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8 x 8 square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ½ cup melted butter and the granulated sugar for 2 minutes or until combined and almost matte (no longer as shiny). Mix in the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla. In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup of the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet. Set aside for now.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the flour, the graham cracker pieces, brown sugar and cold butter. Use your hand to mix it all together and work the dry ingredients into the butter until the butter is in small pieces (about 1 inch wide or smaller)
- Spoon ¾ of the batter brownie batter into the baking dish and use a rubber spatula to spread it out to fully cover the bottom of the dish. Lay out the pieces of the Hershey’s chocolate bar, followed by half of the graham cracker mixture. Top with the remaining batter and use the spatula to spread it out once again. Top with the rest of the graham cracker mixture and the marshmallows.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving.