There’s nothing like a giant stack of cookies to make any day a good day. Make that a stack a giant pile of chocolate chip toffee cookies, and your day just got great.
I’m days away from going to my favorite place on earth but before I jet off to Maine, I’ve been spending the week celebrating the biggest purchase of my life. Yes, that’s right, I bought my first car. Despite some mildly sexist comments from the salesman (no I’m not excited by the lights on the mirror because I don’t put on lipstick on the reg) I found a car that I absolutely love. I’m adulting hard right now and feel like I’m making big moves. What better way to celebrate big life milestones than with food? Or more specifically, with cookies!
Not surprisingly, one of the first trips I took with my new car was to the grocery story. Since I didn’t have to carry everything I bought on a 12 minute walk home, I was able to stock up. I filled my cart with all the milk, heavy cream, sugar and butter that I wanted. Watch out readers, you’ve got a lot of ice cream heading your way over the next few weeks.
Before I get ahead of myself and start talking about ice cream, let me tell you about why I’ve made three batches of these cookies in the past two weeks. They are so freaking good. Seriously. They are big, gooey and filled the best additives ever: chocolate chips and toffee bits! If you don’t love toffee I’m just not sure we can be friends.
When you pull them out of the oven they will still be puffy and a light shade of brown. That’s okay. Let them cool on the baking sheet and they’ll get nice and flat in no time. If you want them super gooey, bake for closer to 9 minutes. If you like your cookies crunchy, leave them in for a solid 12 minutes.
Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies have everything you need in a cookie. They are gooey, filled with toffee bits with a wonderfully crispy exterior.
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups (250g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup (250g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick mats and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Mix in the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a second large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gently mix the flour mixture into the sugars. Once fully combined, add in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make five dough balls on each baking sheet, spacing them out enough to account for the spread of the cookie as it bakes.
- Bake for about 10 minutes minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a cooling rack.