When I think of ‘fun’ desserts, I always think of sprinkles. When I was a kid, I always said yes to adding more sprinkles. Ice cream was great but ice cream with sprinkles? Day made.
I’ve gotten away from that as I’ve gotten older and my pallet has matured (has it?), but I still keep jars around my pantry, just in case.
Winter has been holding on tight to DC and in typical spring fashion, we’ve been jumping between weirdly warm weather and cold rainy weather. Looking ahead at the weather forecast this weekend, I knew I was going to need something fun to get me through the gloomy days ahead.
This fun fudge is serving a double purpose this week because I get to bring it to book club tonight! I love to read and push myself with our book selection but confession: this month’s pick, Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll, was a little dark for my taste. This fudge will make a nice treat to brighten up the mood while we discuss the book for 10 minutes, before pouring more wine and switching the conversation to all things Bachelor. I don’t have a lot of trashy TV vices but the Bachelor is definitely at the top of the list. Followed by the Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise. I just can’t help myself, I’m team love at the core.
If your week is also in need of some ‘fun’, I highly recommend this fudge. Of course, it goes without saying that this fudge is incredibly sweet so enjoy in moderation.
- 14 Ounces of white chocolate
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons of sprinkles or nonpareils
- Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt down the white chocolate, butter and sweetened condensed milk together
- Once fully combined, mix in sprinkles
- Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight