The Bachelorette returns on Monday night to ABC which has me very excited. Of all of the questionable television shows that I indulge in on a weekly basis, the selection of Bachelor Nations shows are my favorite – The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Bachelor Pad and of course, Bachelor in Paradise.
When it comes to picking a snack for my terrible television binges, popcorn is always my top pick. After eating endless afternoon snacks with my popcorn-loving father throughout my childhood, I’ve come to think of it as a staple so my pantry always has it in stock.
I don’t drink bourbon but for some reason I love the combination of salted caramel and bourbon in cooking. This ‘adult’ popcorn has a nice kick to it, but not so much that it can’t be enjoyed on a weekday.
- 10 Cups popped popcorn (one large bag)
- 1 Cups brown sugar
- ¼ Cup light corn syrup
- ½ Cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 250F
- Lay popcorn out on baking sheet and set aside
- Heat sugar, corn syrup and butter in a pot over medium heat. Swirl (don’t stir) every so often
- Once mixture has completely melted, add salt and bourbon
- Remove from heat and pour over popcorn
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning popcorn over halfway through
*Store in an airtight container for up to three days. Good luck not eating it all in one sitting.
Not sure you are ready for tomorrow’s Bachelorette premiere tomorrow? Check out my friend Justin’s blog for the lowdown.