Is it still a muffin if it has icing on it? Maybe. Let’s pretend.
I was never a big fan of jam growing up so you wouldn’t find a PB&J sandwich in my lunch box. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches however were a whole other story. I could quite literally eat those for days.
Loaded with peanut butter and banana goodness, these muffins evoke memories of my childhood sandwiches in a far more grown up and less messy form.
There is still some debate among my taste-testers whether these are breakfast appropriate. I’m of the belief that if you skip the icing they make the perfect breakfast snack but I’ve also been known to eat ice cream for breakfast so I may not be the most reliable opinion on this matter. Either way these muffins are a must.
- 2 Cups (270g) flour
- ½ Cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 Teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Large eggs
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ Cup almond milk
- 2 Mashed bananas
- ½ Cup peanut butter
- ⅔ Cup icing sugar
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, vegetable oil and almond milk
- Mix in mashed bananas
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined
- Scoop batter in muffin tin, filling each section ¾ of the way
- Bake for 16 – 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean